Richard M. Matheson
Richard has been practicing law in Utah for 30 years. He maintains a general real property law practice, with an emphasis in HOA management and commercial and residential transactions, construction disputes and project development. He also does business organizations and counseling, and estate planning. When necessary, Richard vigorously litigates on behalf of his clients, though he adheres to the adage that real success comes in keeping his clients out of the courtroom. He is admitted to practice in all Utah state and federal courts and in the 10th Circuit Federal Court of Appeals.
Richard values greatly the client relationships he's developed over the years. Some of his clients have been with him from early on and throughout his many years of practice; and they routinely seek his counsel and legal representation in all aspects of their lives. For Richard, trusted client and colleague relationships are the most important and rewarding aspect of his practice.
The happy and proud parents of six children, all happily married, Rich and his wife are finally true empty nesters. Between raising a large family and actively participating in church and community service, what free time they have is spent traveling together (mostly to visit kids and grandkids); camping and boating with family; Westerns (anything John Wayne); and hosting dinner parties. Rich loves his early morning basketball with the guys; golf with his brothers; and backpacking in the high country (Wyoming's Wind River Range is a favorite).
- University of Utah College of Law, Salt Lake City, Utah
- Juris Doctor - 1989
- University of Utah
- B.A. English, B.S. Economics - 1985
- Supreme Court of Utah
- U.S. District Court District of Utah
- Member of the Architectural Review Committee for Dorchester Point Homeowners Association, North Cove Estates Homeowner’s Association, and Eden Ranch Homeowners Association
- Member of the Board of Directors of East Mill Creek Water Company
- Utah State Bar Member: Real Property Section and Community Association Law Section